For bookings & inquiries contact Nicole on -
m : 0403 571 721
CONSIDERATIONS & DOGGY MANNERS
Nix Bed & Barkfest is a legally registered & insured business, that can legally mind a couple dogs at one time, on the provision that the dogs have first had a meet & greet at my house.
I need to observe the dogs interacting to ensure that they are compatible and can live harmoniously together under my care. As it is a home stay and not a shelter stay, this is vital, as dogs live freely in my house together and there are no cages to separate them, should they not get along.
Dogs in different environments behave differently to at home and when around other dogs. Not all dogs like each other and this is important to assess.
*PLEASE NOTE - NICOLE DOES NOT MIND PUPPIES UNLESS COMPLETELY TOILET TRAINED & PAST THE CHEWING PEOPLE AND FURNITURE STAGE. ALL DOGS MUST BE DESEXED!
• Your dog must be healthy- does not have any known contagious diseases and it fully vaccinated, flea & worm treated.
• Toilet trained & no excitable/nervous peeing. Important - if your dog goes to the toilet on the carpet or furniture, it is the responsibility of the owner to pay for steam cleaning.
• For territorial markers, they must wear a BELLY BAND inside.
• Does not dig – this is a rental property.
• Does not scratch or chew furniture and clothing. Any damage caused to property must be reimbursed or replaced by owner.
• Well socialized with other dogs -no issues with either dominance or fear-based aggression.
• Dogs must not jump all over people or play bite – the occasional jump up in greeting is fine.
• Not an excessive barker - I understand that dogs bark to communicate but I will not take on excessive barkers, as being a house and not a boarding kennel, excessive barking in inconsiderate and unfair to both my children and her neighbours.
• IMPORTANT – If during their stay, a dog starts to have serious issues leading to aggression with another dog, the dog that was booked in first will stay and it is the responsibility of the owner to have a back up plan of stay for me to drop their dog over to. This rarely happens, but the safety of the dogs is paramount to the inconvenience of having to find another place a dog to stay.